ABB has been building transformers for almost 100 years and we continue to innovate and improve the reliable QL design.
Type QL transformers comply with Natural Resources Canada efficiency standards. They are available with aluminum and copper windings in the 150◦C rise rating.
- General purpose lighting and electrical
- Resistance heating
- Motor generators (without solid state drives)
Features and Benefits
- Complies with NRCan 2019 Efficiency Standards
- Greater energy efficiency
- cUL Listed
- Unique core and coil design / Quiet performance
- Core and coil assemblies are mounted on rubber isolation pads to reduce noise
- Bolted coil terminations
- Single-piece front/back is easily removable for service
- Outward facing feet for faster installation
- Larger interior clearances for easier wiring and enhanced safety
- Copper ground kit factory installed
- Lug kit factory installed
- Qualified to the seismic requirements of IEEE-693-1997 and IBC-2003
- Copper or aluminum windings
- Robust packaging with top and side protection protects against shipping damage
- Accessible mounting flanges with front/back slotted mounting holes make installation easier
- 100% factory tested for shorts and coil integrity, current and loss, voltage, impedance and noise.
- Clear, comprehensive documentation and labeling